To install sample data manually you need to follow instructions, that you can find in this tutorial. As a result, you’ll make your website look the same as the demo.
Sample data represents the samples of your website’s content for you to view the example of how your website can display posts, pages, menus, etc.
Sample Data Installation
- In the first place, you need to open theme/manual_install folder (it is in the template’s package). Here find uploads folder.
- Now you need to upload uploads folder to the wp-content directory (it is located where WordPress is installed). You can use either FTP or cPanel to do it.
- Accept folder’s replacement.By doing this you’ll replace your website’s images with the default ones.
- After uploading the folder to wp-content, you need to edit template’s database in order for your demo content to be installed.Sample data import will overwrite the existing content and make the website look as demo.
Open theme/manual_install directory and find theme-name.sql file. You need to edit it (do it with any text editor, that is convenient for you, e. g. Notepad, Sublime Text).
- Now find all the cases where your_website_url_here is used, and replace them with your actual website URL link (e. g. http://www.mywebsite.com) in order to connect the SQL file with your website. To do it, hit Ctrl+H hotkeys, and a window will open offering you to find and replace all the instances. Please, keep in mind, that your website’s address shouldn’t contain slash / sign at its end.
- Save changes and close the file.
- Now you’re welcome to import the dump file using PhpMyAdmin panel or other database management tool. To do it open PhpMyAdmin (usually, it is located in the cPanel of your hosting).
- Use Import tab and import the SQL file, which contains sample data tables.
[notice type=”warning”]Be aware, that the import will replace the website’s content with the demo content! You’ll lose all the previous data!