Uploading Files to a Server with cPanel
In this tutorial we used HostGator Hosting Control Panel. However, the uploading procedure will not differ if your hosting provider offers cPanel (WebHost Manager, WHM).
From this guide, you can learn how to upload files to server cPanel with the help of File Manager.
- Log in to your Hosting Control Panel and locate the File Manager tool.
- The root server directory (called public_html or www) will be available. You can upload your files to any other sub-directory by using the navigation tree on the left, which contains the needed folder.Archive your files before uploading! You need to do it for all the processes to work out.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Once your file has been uploaded it can be unzipped. Click the Extract button at the top toolbar.
- That’s all! Your files have been successfully uploaded.