How to Get Rid of “Unable to Create Directory” Error
From this tutorial you’ll learn how to get rid of “Unable to Create Directory” error.
Solving “Unable to Create Directory” Error
- The problem might occur when there is an incorrect link indicated in WordPress. Let’s check it up. First, enter WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Editor tab in the left column.
- Here you need to locate the functions.php file on the right. Click on it in order to open the file for editing.
- Scroll the file to its end and add the following lines of code at its end.
- Update the file in order to save the changes.
- Now let’s navigate to Settings > Media tab in the left column of the Dashboard. You’ll see “Store uploads in this folder” block. Here you can check if the path is correct.
- As a result, the error will be solved. If the error persists to show up, you’ll need to check the permissions of wp-content/uploads folder. If you don’t know how to do it, feel free to read How to Change Files and Folders Permissions tutorial.
This tutorial is based on Cosmetro Cosmetics Store WooCommerce WordPress theme.