From this tutorial you’ll learn how to boost maximum upload size when the file size exceeds the maximum allowed for uploading.
Boosting Maximum Upload Size
- To solve the issue with upload size you need to make changes in the php.ini file. First, let’s log in to your hosting server cPanel and locate File Manager tool.
- Open public_html directory where you have all WordPress files and locate php.ini file in your WordPress root folder.
- Select the file and click on Edit button to apply changes to it.
- Add the following code passage to the file.
- Save the changes.
- In the case that you don’t have access to the php.ini file, you can change the memory limit in the .htaccess file (it is also in WordPress root folder). Open it for editing and add the following lines of code to it.
- If you still can’t upload the files and keep receiving the error, feel free to contact your hosting provider.