Here you can find the instructions on how to backup your Magento 2 website.
1. On the Admin sidebar, tap System. Then under Tools, choose Backups.
2. In the upper-right corner, tap the button for the type of backup you want to create:
- System Backup — complete backup of the database and the file system.
- Database and Media Backup — backup of the database and the media folder.
- Database Backup — backup of the database.
3. To put the store into maintenance mode during the backup, mark the checkbox. When the backup is complete, maintenance mode is turned off automatically.
4. For a system backup, mark the Exclude checkbox if you do NOT want to include the media folder. Then when prompted, confirm the action (press OK).
5. The backups stored under the var > backups folder.