Monstroid2. Backup and Update of the Main Theme (Manual)
Monstroid2 is a truly multipurpose WordPress theme with advanced niche skins and full WooCommerce integration. From this tutorial, you’ll learn about manual installation of Monstroid2 main theme.
Monstroid 2 Manual Installation
- First, you need to download the latest version of the theme. It includes both main and child themes. Child theme serves as a backup for all the custom changes you make in your theme.
- The next step is to install the child theme and then accomplish the following export-import steps.
- Backup Customizer options. Navigate to Monstroid Administration panel (Dashboard), Appearance > Customize > Export/Import section.
- Click on Export button.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes menu and switch to any other default WordPress theme.
- Open your cPanel FileManager and save the /wp-content/themes/monstroid2/ folder (duplicate it) in a directory named, e.g., Main monstroid backup.
- Return to the ZIP file with the updated theme’s version downloaded previously. You need to accomplish the following steps.
- Open the WordPress Admin panel and proceed to Appearance > Themes section.
- Click Add new button and click Upload theme.
- Next, repeat the same steps for the Child theme (unpacked previously).
- After the updated Monstroid theme is installed, navigate to Plugins menu to update plugins.
- Now you need to import the settings, that were exported previously.
- Open Customize section in Monstroid Dashboard.
- Open Export/Import tab and choose Import option.
- Click Browse and locate the file to import customization settings for this theme. Click on Import button.
- To save your custom styles, locate the Main Monstroid backup folder on your web server.
- Open style.css file for editing and copy those parts of the code that you’ve changed there into the style.css file, that’s located in the new folder of an updated Monstroid version. You can skip this step in case you did not perform any changes to style.css file previously.
- Remove the old version of the Monstroid theme /wp-content/themes/monstroid2/ directory on your server.
That’s all! Now you know how to update the Monstroid theme to the latest version manually.