If you need to reset the WordPress admin panel access details, it can be easily done via control panel at your hosting account, provided by GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc.
From this tutorial you’ll learn about resetting admin access details using phpMyAdmin.
Resetting admin access details
- Go to Databases and click phpMyAdmin tool.
- Enter your database username and password.If you don’t know your WordPress database name, please, feel free to read How to Find Out WordPress Database Name tutorial.
- Select the database for your WordPress site.
- Click on wp_users table to open it.
- Click Edit button next to the user you want to set the password for.Do not perform any modifications to the information_schema database.
- Delete an old password from user_pass field.
- Enter the new password.
- In the user_pass functions field select MD5 encoding.
- Click on Go button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.