How to Solve “Destination Folder Already Exists” Error
You can face Destination folder already exists error when you try to install a plugin, and the plugin folder already exists, or in the case when the files weren’t uploaded to server completely.
From this tutorial you’ll learn how to solve Destination folder already exists error.
Solving Destination Folder Already Exists Error
- First, you have to connect to your hosting server through FTP client, or open cPanel file manager. Feel free to use the way that is more convenient for you.To learn more about how to connect to server using FTP read Uploading files to a server using FTP tutorial.
- Locate wp-content/plugins folder and delete the plugin that causes issues.
- Now you need to return to WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add new tab in the left column.
- Click on Upload Plugin button and upload the zipped plugin one more time.
- You can locate the ZIP plugin in theme_name/assets/includes/plugins folder of your template package.You need to uncompress the theme folder in order to access the includes directory.
- Now that you’ve installed the plugin, you can activate and use it.
This tutorial is based on Emanuella Dance School Responsive WordPress theme.