How to Get Rid of “You Do Not Have Sufficient Permissions to Access This Page” Error
Sometimes when you log in to WordPress Dashboard you might face “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” error. It is often caused by changed database prefix if there was WordPress upgrade or you were moving your website to another server. From this tutorial you’ll learn how to get rid of the error.
Solving “You Do Not Have Sufficient Permissions to Access This Page” Error
- First, let’s log in to your hosting server cPanel. Locate phpMyAdmin tool in the Database section. Open it.
- Here you need to find “(your-custom-prefix)_usermeta” table and click on “Edit” option.
- After that, you need to find “wp_capabilities” option in the right block. Let’s edit it.
- Here change your old custom prefix to the new one. Save the changes.
- As a result, now you can navigate to your website frontend page and log in to WordPress Dashboard.