How to Add Link and Make It Open in New Tab
From this tutorial you’ll learn how to add link and make it open in new tab. You’ll be able to add custom links to your posts and define where you want them to open.
Adding Link That Opens In New Tab
- Let’s log in to WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Posts > All Posts tab on the left of the Dashboard. Click on Edit link to open the post where you need to add a link.
- Now you have to highlight the text where you want to add a link. To do it left-click on the left from the text and drag mouse cursor to the right. Release the left mouse button when the text ends.
- Click on the link icon on the post editor toolbar. You’ll see the field where you can insert the link.
- You can also add the title for the link and check if you want the link to open in a new tab (window).
- There is also another way to add links using content editor Text mode. You can add the link using HTML marking.
- First, you need to define the target in the following code passage.
- Don’t hesitate to replace yor_link_here text with your actual link, and include http:// in the beginning for external links.
- Between < a >< /a > marking you have to add the text which will become the link title.
- To open the link in the new tab add target = “_blank” into the code. It should look as follows.
- Save the changes.