In case you feel ready to say goodbye to comment spam, one of the best solutions is to use the Akismet plugin for WordPress. Today we’re ready to show you how to obtain the Akismet API key for your WordPress-based website. Let’s look into this closer!
- First, navigate to the https://akismet.com/wordpress website and scroll a bit down to see the Get Started button.
- Click it to sign up for Akismet with a WordPress.com account. If you already have an account, just use it to log in.
- The system will auto-select an ‘Akismet Plus’ plan for you. However, if you’re running a non-profit website, you can easily switch to a free Personal plan by clicking ‘Choose a personal plan’ link at the top right.
- Click the ‘Add Personal Subscription’ button at the Personal plan tile to select it, and name your price. You can set it to $0 or pay a reasonable sum of your choice.
- The process might take a few moments – please, be patient and let it create a subscription for you.
- When the subscription is created, it will appear under the list of SUBSCRIPTIONS on your account page. Click the ‘Add Site’ button and insert your website URL to the respective field.
- Next, feel free to copy the API key that appears right above and use it on your website.
Keep your site protected and designed well with our new tutorials coming soon!