Using PrestaShop 1.7 you can achieve many sales goals. But what to do when something is not right about the website? In most cases, you will need to check the error itself by enabling the site’s debug mode.
In what cases one need to enable debug mode?
- blank screen on the website;
- error 500;
- untypical shop behavior.
Enabling Debug Mode
- In your PrestaShop admin panel go to Advanced Parameters -> Performance section:
- In Debug Mode section, set the Debug mode option to Yes:
- Save the changes.
- Enter your FTP server using some FTP-client software (Total Commander, FileZilla, etc.).
- Open your PrestaShop installation directory, go to the config/defines.inc.php file and open it with some text editor (Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad++, etc.).
- Find the following code (line 29 approximately):
- Replace false with true:
- Save the changes and refresh the page you had issues on to see the exact error causing it.
Hopefully, this tutorial was helpful for you.