In PrestaShop you can add users that can access the admin panel and perform various actions there. Each profile has a set of permissions that determine what the users associated with that profile can do in the back office.
Create an employee’s profile
- In your PrestaShop admin panel go to Administration -> Profiles section:
- Click Add new profile button to create a new profile:
- You can enter the profile name there and save the changes:
Create an employee
- Go to Administration -> Employees section:
- Click Add new employee button:
- You can set the following options:
- First Name – specify the first name of the employee;
- Last Name – specify the last name of the employee;
- Email address – in this field type the email address of the employee. That will be required for the login;
- Password – type a password for the employee’s account;
- Connect to PrestaShop – this option is enabled by default. This means that the account will be connected to PrestaShop server and as a result, it will show the employee tips on how to better manage the store;
- Default page – from this drop-down menu you can select the admin panel page that will be displayed when the employee logs into the back office. By default, the general dashboard page is displayed;
- Language – From this drop-down menu you can select the default language for the account;
- Theme – From this drop-down menu you can select the theme for the account that you’re creating/editing;
- Admin menu orientation – By default, the admin menu is displayed on the left side of the screen. There’s an option to display it at the top instead;
- Status – by default, this option is enabled which means that once the account is created the employee will be allowed to log into the back office. If you disable it, the employee will not be allowed to log in;
- Permission profile – from this drop-down menu you can select the profile (or user role) of the employee. Each profile has its own set of permissions that define what the employees assigned to that profile are allowed to do. Let’s select our new profile.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
Manage the employee’s permissions
- Go to Administration -> Permissions section. On the left side of the page that opens you’ll see the existing profiles listed. To see and modify the permissions of a profile, click on the tab for that profile:
- Permissions are grouped into two panels. One lists the menus and sub-menus of the admin panel and the other one – the installed modules.For each module, there’s a checkbox View and another one Configure. When the one for viewing is marked, the employees will see the module in the module list, and when the one for configuring is marked, they will be allowed to configure its options.For each menu, there are a few checkboxes. Each checkbox represents a particular action: View, Add, Edit, Delete. If the checkbox is marked, employees belonging to that profile will be able to perform that action in the particular menu.NOTE: in the row for each menu, there’s also a checkbox All. When you mark it, all the checkboxes in the row will be marked.
To make it easier for you to configure the permissions, at the top of each column there are checkboxes for marking/unmarking all the checkboxes in a column.
- Configure the new employee’s permissions in the required way. The configuration will be auto-updated:
Hopefully, this tutorial was helpful for you.