In this tutorial you will find the instructions on how to manage your Magento store currencies.
The tutorial assumes you are already logged in to your Magento dashboard.
1. Navigate to the Stores > Configuration tab.
2. Then click on a Currency Setup tab under the General to open currencies editing interface.
3. Expand the Currency Options tab.
4. You can edit the Base Currency, Default Display Currency and Allowed Currencies options there.
- The Base Currency option defines the currency, which is used for all payment transactions in your store.
- The Default Display Currency option defines what currency is used to display pricing in your store.
- Finally, the Allowed Currencies option is required for choosing currencies, supported by your store.
Change the currency rates and symbols
You may also want to configure the currency rates and symbols.
Let’s learn how to do that.
1. Go to Stores menu.
2. Click on a Currency Rates tab to import the currency rates.
3. You may simply import rates using a Webservices Import Service or change rates manually (in case you have more than one currency allowed in your store).
4. Remember to Save the Currency Rates.
5. Now navigate to the Currency Symbols tab.
6. At the appeared screen you may uncheck the Use Standard option to specify your own symbol for the respective currency instead of the standard one.
7. Remember to Save the Currency Symbols.