Skip to content
Here you can find the instructions on how to install Magento engine and template on localhost.
- Create the database.
- Select your database from the list on the left you will see in PHPMyAdmin interface and press import button in the top menu.
- Press the Browse button and select the \sourcesXXX\sample_data\dump.sql.gz file from your template package.
- Click on the Go button at the bottom of the page.
- Upload fullpacakage.zip from the template package to the root/domain folder of your localhost server.
- Unzip the fullpacakage.zip file.
- Type http://your_lacalhost/root_to_Magento in your browser address bar and follow installation steps:
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Set the site Localization.
- Specify database access details and proceed to the next step. Be sure to leave the prefix field empty.
- Set your admin account details and save them.
- After clicking on the Continue button you will get the “You’re All Set!” message and you will be provided with the Encryption Key for the site. You need to save it.
- In order to view the website, click on the Go to Frontend. To reach Magento admin panel, click on the Go to Backend.