This tutorial shows how to install Joomla 3 engine.
- First of all, you need to download Joomla 3 engine at http://www.joomla.org/
- After that, upload Joomla files to your hosting and create a database that you will use for Joomla installation.
- Open the link from which your Joomla will be accessed (your site URL).
- Select installation language. Specify Site Name and admin account information. Specify if the site will be available for visitors in Site Offline section. Click Next.
- In database tab, you should specify database access details. You can contact your hosting provider regarding database access details.We recommend that you use jos_ database prefix in case you are going to install template sample data to your Joomla website. Select Database Backup option and click Next.
- In Finalization section, we recommend you to select sample data. In this case, Joomla will come with sample content.
- You can check Joomla configuration in Main and Database configuration sections.
- Click Install button in order to install Joomla engine.
After following those steps your Joomla will be installed. Click on Remove installation folder button.
Now open frontend of your site.
This is the end of the tutorial. Now you know how to install Joomla 3 engine.