We are going to talk about HTML tags in search result output. After you enter a word into the search field and click Search button you will get search result page with the listed Joomla articles. You could notice HTML tags instead of the article titles. To resolve this issue:
- Connect to your server using FTP or hosting cPanel. Also, you can manage files in your Joomla admin panel under Extensions > Templates section.
- Open templates\theme####\html\com_search\search\default_results.php (#### is your theme number) file using any code editor on your computer (we recommend using Sublime or Notepad++).
- Locate the following code on the lines 18-20:
- Replace it with the following lines:
- Save the file and upload it back to your server. Make sure you overwrite the default default_results.php file in “templates\theme####\html\com_search\search\” directory on your server.
That is it! Open your site to see the changes applied.