How to Re-Install WordPress Engine Without Re-Uploading Files
From this tutorial you’ll learn how to re-install WordPress engine without re-uploading files using hosting server cPanel.
- First, let’s navigate to your hosting server cPanel file manager. Here you need to find the root directory where you’ve installed WordPress (by default, it is public_html directory).
- Locate wp-config.php file. You should rename it (e.g., wp-config1.php).
- Return to cPanel and navigate to phpMyAdmin tool. Here you have to select your WordPress database (open wp-config.php file to view your database details).
- Now you need to drop all the existing tables.Keep in mind, that when you drop the tables your website information and settings will be erased.
- Let’s navigate to your website URL. Here you’ll be able to install WordPress engine once more. Specify wp_ as your new database prefix.
- Now you know how to re-install WordPress engine.
This tutorial is based on BeDentist & Medical WordPress theme.