How to Solve “Failed to Send Your Message” Error in Contact Form 7
From this tutorial you’ll learn how to solve Failed to send your message error.
Most Typical Error Messages
Failed to send your message error may be caused by several issues. Let’s learn what they are, and how to solve the problem.
- You get Your message was sent successfully notice with green border, but you don’t receive the email itself.
- The situation usually happens when you have problems with your mail server settings. Sometimes the issue is caused by the spam filter.
- Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact administrator by other way notice with orange borders.
- This notice appears when the submitted form is considered to be spam. If you use Contact Form 7 3.0 or the earlier version, you may get this notice because of Akismet plugin, that filters spam messages. Disable it to see, if the notice appears again.
- If you’re using Contact Form 7 3.1 or its higher version, the reason you get this notice is cache. If the cache remains for longer than 24 hours, verification may fail and you’ll get the error notice. Clear cache more frequently to avoid this error notice.
- Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact administrator by other way notice with red borders.
- If you get this kind of notice, then it is most likely that you have issues with mail server settings.
Solving “Failed to Send Your Message” Error
- First, let’s find out what contact form causes errors. Log in to Administration panel, and navigate to Pages tab on the left. Find the page where the contact form is located and copy contact form shortcode.
- Now access Contact tab in the left column of the Dashboard. Find the contact form with the corresponding shortcode and proceed to editing it.
- Switch to Mail tab of the contact form and locate the message body. If the field is empty, then copy one of the fields from the Form tab and paste it into the Message field.
Be sure to wrap the code using ”” square brackets. In other cases, it will cause mistakes.
- If you’ve updated Contact Form 7 plugin, it may occur that the tags you use in the Form tab of your contact form are not up-to-date.
- Please, replace the old tags with the new ones, the list of which you can view at the top of the Form tab.
- Now you know how to cope with Failed to send your message error.
This tutorial is based on Restaurant WordPress theme.