How to Generate and Add Map API Key to Website (based on Power Builder plugin)
This tutorial will show you how to deal with the “This page was unable to display a Google Maps element” error in WordPress templates based on Cherry Framework 5 with PowerBuilder plugin.
Google announced some changes to the Google Maps APIs authentication and usage limits.
Usage of the Google Maps APIs now requires a key. If you are using the Google Maps API on localhost or your domain was not active prior to June 22nd, 2016, it will require a key going forward. This is why such error occurs.
To resolve the issue, please, complete the following steps:
- Open the Google Developers website and create an authentication key by clicking on a Get a Key button.
- Select Create a project option and click on Continue.
- Provide your site information and click on Create. Copy your new API Key.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and open POWER tab.
- Insert your Google Maps API key to Google Maps Api Key field and save it.
- Visit a page with the map on your website fronted, it should work fine now.