Advanced Stock management allows managing your stock in detail. It helps you to keep the track of warehouses, view the stock and its movement, as well as coverage and supply orders
Activate the advances Stock Management
- In your PrestaShop admin panel go to Preferences -> Products. Find there the Products Stock section. Change the Enable advanced stock management option to Yes:
- When you enable it, a new menu (Stock) with several submenus will appear on the left.
- To use the Advanced stock management, you need to check the following:
- Associate your products with warehouses;
- Associate your warehouses with carriers;
- Associate your warehouses with the appropriate shops.
- Go to Stock -> Warehouse section:
- Click the Add new warehouse button at the top right corner:
- You can set the following options:
- Name – the title of the warehouse;
- Mobile phone;
- Zip/postal code;
- Manager – put on one of the registered employees’ name;
- Carriers – the carriers who you authorize for orders shipping from this warehouse;
- Shop association;
- Management type – a method of accounting valuation, based on your country’s regulations;
- Stock valuation currency – choose the currency among registered currencies in your store.
- Save the changes.
Go to Stock -> Stock Management. You will see all the available products from your catalog. You can add/remove/transfer stock there:
This interface enables you to view the stock movement history. You can display all of the stock movements, or only those tied to one warehouse. When the Filter movements by warehouse drop-down list is set to a warehouse, you can make a CSV export of the obtained list:
Instant Stock Status
This interface enables you to have an instant overview of your stock, either globally or per warehouse:
The coverage indicates how many days your current stock can last. In order to view the stock coverage of product combinations, you have to click the Details action of the product:
- Go to Stock -> Supply orders section:
- Click there the Add new supply order button:
- Fill in the following options:
- Reference – an administrative number;
- Warehouse – take the delivery of the order;
- Currency in which the order will be formalized;
- Order language in which the order will be formalized;
- You can set the global discount on the order and the physical quantity of a product below which all the products have to be restocked;
- Set the expected delivery date.
- Click Save order and stay or Save order button.
- The configuration page enables you to customize the way certain parts of the advanced stock manager work:
- The available statuses for a supply order;
- The labels for the stock movements;
- The default statuses for some stock movements which are used throughout the solution.
- Go to Catalog -> Products. Click the Edit button near the product you want to edit.
- Open Quantities tab and enable I want to use the advanced stock management system for this product and The available quantities for the current product and its combinations are based on the stock in your warehouse options:
- Switch to Warehouses tab and check if the required warehouse is selected.
- Click the Save button.
Hopefully, this tutorial was helpful for you.