Breadcrumbs are links that serves the navigation purposes and reveals the user’s location in your Website.
By default, Magento does not provide “Breadcrumbs” on the Checkout Page. This tutorial will show you how to display “Breadcrumbs” on the Checkout Page in Magento 2.
Open checkout_index_index.xml file
1. Open your Magento store root folder (it’s Magento installation dir) and go to the app > design > frontend > Zemez > themeXXX > Magento_Checkout > layout folder.
- “Zemez” is your Magento theme vendor name, may be TemplateMonster or Jetimpex.
- XXX is your current theme number.
2. Open the checkout_index_index.xml file and paste the code you see below before the </body> tag.
* In case there is no checkout_index_index.xml file in the layout folder, you have to create new one with such content (note the file format, it should be .xml):
3. Important: Save the file changes (or the file) and clear Magento cache.
Test the Results
Go to your Magento store Frontend (open you store in a browser), add any product to the Card and go to Checkout Page. The “Breadcrumbs” will be there.