In this tutorial you will find the instructions on how to change the core footer links.
Core Magento links
Magento adds following links to the footer:
- Search terms
- Contact us
- Orders and returns
- Advanced search
Remove the core links
1. To delete them completely, open the app/design/frontend/TemplateMonster/themexxx/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml file and add this reference before the closing </body> tag:
2. Save the file.
3. Clear the Magento cache.
Change the core link
1. To change the actual link and/or the title, use the following reference (remember, add this reference before the closing </body> tag; you need to change the open the app/design/frontend/TemplateMonster/themexxx/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml file):
2. This is the general reference to overwrite the links.
So, for example, if you need to change the ‘Contact Us’ link use contact-us-link instead of the link-name.
Title is the name of the link, path-of-your-page is the actual link.
3. Save the file.
4. Clear the Magento cache.
Delete Core Link
To delete the Core Footer link, do the following:
1. Go to your Magento root folder and open the app/design/frontend/TemplateMonster/themeXXX/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml file to edit.
2. Add this reference before the closing </body> tag.
3. Replace “name_of_link_block“ with that link name, you want to delete from the site Footer.
E.g. If you want to delete the Search Terms link, you need to the following code:
Below you can find the full list of references to overwrite the links:
- Search Terms: search-term-popular-link
- Contact Us: contact-us-link
- Advanced Search: catalog-search-advanced-link
- Orders and Returns: sales-guest-form-link
All the links that come with the template can be edited in the website admin panel.
You can find them in the Content > Blocks section of the admin area.
Usually the names of the blocks are like Footer column content 1 – 3 but they can vary depending on the template.
Check the tutorial below: