Almost all the themes we have include gallery pages that are built on JoomGallery component or Gallery View menu type. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to work with gallery based on the Gallery View menu type.
Adding Gallery category
The first thing you need to do is to create gallery category. All the Gallery View pages are built on categories. To add categories, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Content > Categories > Add New Category page in your admin panel.
- Enter your category title and description.
- Make sure your category status is Published.
- Also, you can add subcategory here. If you add subcategory select main Gallery category from the Parent drop-down.
Adding Gallery items
Now you can add gallery items and assign them to the category you created earlier:
- Open Content > Articles page. Click New tab to add a new item.
- Specify your article title and content.
- Make sure your article is published.
- Select a category you created from the Category drop-down on the right side.
- Click on Images and Links tab to upload gallery image. Browse images from the Into Image and Full Article Image fields. You can use existing images or upload your images.
- Also, you can configure other articles options under the Options tab. This section allows you to enable/disable titles, intro text, etc.
Adding new Gallery page
You have added gallery articles already, and now we will show you how to place those articles on the Gallery page:
- Open Menus > Main Menu page in your Joomla backend and click New button to add a new page.
- Click on the Select button next to the Menu Item Type. Select Gallery View menu type on the next step. This type allows you to add Gallery page to your site.
- Choose your category from Choose a category field. In case you want all the gallery posts to show up on your page, select the main gallery category. If you need to show articles from a certain category, select a subcategory.
- Don’t forget to check if your page is published or not.
- Click on Blog Layout tab to manage your page’s layout. Here you can set a number of posts on the page, change columns number. Decide whether subcategories are shown on the page or not.
- Also, you can change category and articles settings under the Options and Category tabs.
- Save changes and check your site. You can see gallery page added to your site now.
That is it! New tutorials are coming soon.