We are ready to provide you with a new hack. We are going to show you how to activate contact form created with the help of a RD Mailform plugin.
Template forms are already set to the correct mode. You just need to specify site owner e-mail address, who will receive the results of site visitors’ form filling.
In order to specify your email address, please, do the following:
- Connect to your server using the FTP client or hosting cPanel.
- Open the bat/rd-mailform.config.json file with any code editor on your computer (we usually recommend using NotePad++ or Sublime Text).
- Locate the
recipientEmailvariable using search tool (Ctrl + F). We should specify e-mails in the $recipients variable:
$recipientEmail = 'firstname.lastname@example.org';
replacing email@example.com with your email.
Previous templates could have different $recipients variable location. Firstly, we recommend that you search for
$recipients in bat/rd-mailform.php file. The steps are the same as the previous but you should locale the
$recipients variable and specify e-mails in the $recipients variable:
$recipients = '#';
replacing # with your email.
If there are no recommended files in your template, you should search for
$recipients in files from ‘js’ folder.
We would like to provide you with an example:
- Navigate to the js folder on your server. Download the script.js file and open it with any code editor on your computer.
- Use CTRL+F/CMND+F (Windows OS/Mac OS) to find the recipients variable.
- Search for the following line:
recipients = 'firstname.lastname@example.org';
- Replace email@example.com with your email.
- Save the file and upload it back to your server.
If necessary, you can specify several addresses. Be sure to put comma between e-mails. You can add more than two e-mails, just, please, be sure to specify comma after each e-mail (except for the last one).
Thank you for your attention! New hacks are coming soon.