Step 3. Upload the App Folder
Now you need to copy the zipped content of the theme folder (the app folder) to the root folder of your online shop.
- theme — contains Magento theme files and directories that should be uploaded to the root directory of your Magento installation.
Find the theme > app folder. You need to archive (.zip) the app folder to upload it to the server. Use the WinZip 9+ (for Windows) or Stuffit Expander 10+ (for Mac) to compress the app folder.
1. Log into cPanel > navigate to the Files section and click on the File Manager icon.
2. Navigate to the Magento root directory and click the Go button.
3. Open the root folder of your online store.
4. Click on the Upload icon.
5. Make sure you’ve set the correct permissions type for the app folder. The permissions should be CHMOD 755 or 777, depending on your server configuration.
6. Click on the Browse button.
7. Find the app.zip folder and click Open.
8. Once the process is completed press the Go Back to link.
➥ Move to the Step 4.