How to Diagnose Magento 2 Errors
➤ By default Magento 2 will store its error logs under the [magento folder]/var/log/ folder.
There are 3 log files in the/var/log folder:
Reading Error Files
To read your error logs, open it in your favorite editor.
Your error log file contains the following format:
[error time] main.error_type error_description
➥ Magento log system has several log levels:
- Debug – detailed debug information.
- Info – interesting events.
- Notice – normal but significant events.
- Warning – exceptional occurrences that are not errors.
- Error – runtime errors that do not require immediate action but should be typically logged.
- Critical – critical conditions. Example: application component unavailable, unexpected exception.
- Alert – Example: entire website down, database unavailable, etc.
- Emergency – system is unusable.