How to update Joomla engine manually
In this tutorial, we will learn how to update Joomla engine manually.
If you can’t update your Joomla! Installation using the ‘Joomla! Update’ component because of hosting limitations or connection issues then you will need to follow these steps.
- Go to the Joomla download page and open the Upgrade Packages section.
- Download the Stable Update Package of the needed version in zip format.
- After that please unzip the update package and upload its files via FTP or cPanel to the root directory of your Joomla website. Alternatively, you can upload the update package using hosting file manager and unzip it on the server directly.
- Open Joomla admin section after the update package has been uploaded. Go to Extensions > Manage > Database.
- Click on the Fix button in order to update the database.
- We have updated the database, Joomla engine was updated successfully.
That’s all for today, now you are one step closer to the greatest site ever. Stay tuned!